Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Finally-the quintessential summer activity

Today was the first day I have gotten out in my kayak all year. Usually I am out in May and throughout the next few months (even as late as October or November if we have a warm day).  But this year, winter went on forever, then it rained almost every day, or was excessively windy on the two days it didn't rain.  Finally today was a perfect day with just enough breeze to make it fun coming back up the lake.  I have numerous work-related projects I need to be doing (even though it is not a clinic day), but decided that if I didn't put them aside and get out on the lake today I would regret it. Two photos today.

4 comments:

  1. What a great photo that top one is, with the perspective and tilt of the boat. Makes me want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got out there! Sure was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful. I would love to have somewhere to go kayaking. It seems so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete