Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer's answer to Jack Frost

I have been absent from here for quite awhile, but I know I will be taking pictures daily again as Dan and I are heading out on a trip to Mackinac Island today--with our bikes.

This is what it looked like when I came downstairs Sunday morning. That's not fog outside--it's condensation on the windows!  It is incredibly humid outside--I can't remember seeing anything like this.  We had so much rain Friday night (4 inches) and the ground is so saturated, that I had standing water in the garden on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, that's a great one! I just took one along those lines myself. Good to see you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very common occurrence in my neck of the woods. I heard on the news today how far the oppressive humidity had spread - lots of temperature records broken the past few days.

    Really good shot to document it!

    ReplyDelete