Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Night at the opera (La Traviatta)

I was too tired when I got home last night to post--so this is yesterday's photo.  I was told I could NOT photograph the stage (even during intermission with the curtains closed) so I don't have any pictures of the interior of this lovely theater (the Ordway in St. Paul).  But I took a picture in the 2nd floor lobby as we were listening to a pre-performance presentation.  The lights glittering from the outside are on the trees in Rice Park--just outside the building. I decided to post a second picture--one I took as we walked to the theater.  I was trying to capture the sliver of the moon in the sky, but didn't do so well with that.  (Oh, and the opera was amazing!)

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely part of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly beautiful! I love the glittering lights in the top photo. Opera! Wonderful rich choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lights are beautiful and mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete