Thursday, February 3, 2011

Books

Ran out of time and ideas today...so you are being subjected to a photo (and not even an artistically pleasing one!) of a bookshelf. This is my collection of books on writing and editing--with a few of my medical/nutrition books sneaking into the picture on the left. My books are "my treasures," so for me it is kind of fun to make a record of them photographically--though terribly boring for the rest of you! (For those of you who are writers and teachers: my favorite book on  that shelf is "Style-Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace" by Joseph M. Williams. The author explains brilliantly how to make each sentence flow from the previous one, and how to kick any extra words out of a sentence! It's a good reference for people who wish to edit, as well as write.)

5 comments:

  1. I love books. And I *really* love seeing what lurks on someone else's shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all take a picture of our bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live with someone for whom books are treasures. So I can appreciate this shot.

    I like the idea of using it as a theme. I'll take one of ours soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books! I agree that it's fun to see what people have on their shelves. And thanks for the recommendation, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books and bookshelves are never boring. Great getting a peek into what's on your shelves.

    ReplyDelete