Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here we go again....

More snow. We knew the February thaw was just a temporary reprieve.  It is cold enough that the snow is dry, and windy enough that it forms swirly patterns on the highway.  I tried to capture the swirls in this photo--though I know that would be best done with a moving picture!
As I preview this, I'm surprised at how dark and bluish it appears, as it was taken mid-day--I guess that's the effect you get when you are taking pictures and the snow is coming down.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, I am tempted to just write "Ditto Lynn!" in my post! I've got the "same song, second verse". But I wasn't driving. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a drive by shooting advocate. I do it all the time... but I know my camera without having to ever take my eyes off the road:P I guess that is what people who text while they drive say as well.....
    If I can offer a tip... with snow, you will always get a gray instead of white because your camera is made to make a balance of gray in your picture. This is how the auto exposure meter works. If you know you are shooting something very white, you could compensate your exposure meter to plus 2/3 or a whole stop. You can do this with pretty much all cameras. look for the +/- symbol. This will make your whites white, instead of that gray/blue you were noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was helpful Jeff! I took a photography class in college, but that was 30 years ago, and so much has changed with the digital world!

    ReplyDelete