Thursday, January 13, 2011

An evening at the orchestra

My uncle invited me to join him for the Minnesota Orchestra performance last night.  My aunt died last summer, and they always had tickets for the orchestra and for the Minnesota Opera--so now he fishes around for people to attend with him. (His daughter doesn't share this love of classical music; otherwise I think she would go.)  Since I was very nearly a music major, this is no imposition for me! We were treated to an all-Mozart concert, including a concerto for two pianos, which was wonderful!  Anyway...the photos didn't turn out all that well, but the concert was the highlight of yesterday, so I'm posting one anyway! This is the orchestra tuning up before the piano concerto.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I con only imagine what a treat that was! The shot would have been perfectly clear if they had had the manners to "freeze" for you, but I like how you can see the movement. You can practically hear it! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! We are a family of musicians, and I always find great concert shots to be tricky with no flash :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way this captures the feel of the event! nice, Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete