Monday, January 31, 2011

Enough already!

It snowed again today and I did some shoveling at the base of the driveway after the snowplow went through.  I cannot even find a place to PUT the snow anymore.  I know you can't really tell from this picture, but that pile of snow is at least 6 feet high.  I cannot even throw the snow up there--I have to push it up the driveway a bit and throw it towards the lawn on a pile that is still a bit shorter than this one at the end of the driveway. And we still have 2 more months of winter. Sigh....

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I know how much snow that is! And that shovel looks so tiny! I think I'd invest in a snow blower if I lived where you are. Tonight we're bracing ourselves for an ice storm. Ah the joys of the midwest in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!! And I agree, where WILL it go?? I know we will be hearing about flooding in the area, that's for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That much snow is just about incomprehensible to this Florida girl! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking the same here, and the ice is coming to top it off. I am loving it now...but hope my sump pumps work well when it gets a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter (in Boston) has been telling me about them hauling snow out to "snow farm" and I can't even imagine. You could fill a dump truck and not even clear 10 feet!

    ReplyDelete